Sunday, February 23, 2014

Our First Adoption Event

On Friday we went to our first adoption event. A local church sponsored it through their adoption ministry. There was an amazing speaker talking about how God calls us to care for the orphans and widows. Jason and I left energized and compelled. I AM one of the good Samaritans. I would stop and help someone in need on the side of the road (have done, actually).

The whole night I kept tearing up at the photos of those adopted. How far I have come! A couple of months ago I was crying in the same church because I couldn't have kids. Now I was crying because I'm so happy my child is, or soon will be, out there.

I would be lying if I didn't say I'm still worrying. I'm a planner. I know my next steps, but am nervous about the steps after those. I wrote a facilitator from Kazakhstan and the Kazak embassy, yesterday. I just want a clear picture on how the process works in their country right now. Most adoption blogs I'm reading are over two years old. So many things have changed since then. I hope they write back with some good information.

I'm also concerned about the amount of time we have to be over there. I know I can take a month or so off and be fine. Jason can't, though. He just started this job and has to work like a mad man to keep it. I know if I continue to trust in the Lord, he will take care of all things. I know this. I have to keep reminding myself it will all work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment